Referral Contest Terms & Conditions
Referral Contest Terms & Conditions
Fi Referral Challenge: Race to Google HQ Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. VALID IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY.
ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
The Fi Referral Challenge: Race to Google HQ (the “Contest”) is a contest where Project Fi users can win prizes by making successful referrals that meet outlined referral thresholds between July 15 to September 25. Qualifying referrals must be made in accordance with these Official Rules. The prize(s) will be awarded to entrant(s) who meet outlined thresholds for referrals. See below for the complete details.
1. BINDING AGREEMENT: In order to enter the Contest, you must agree to these Official Rules (“Rules”). Therefore, please read these Rules prior to entry to ensure you understand and agree. You agree that submission of an entry in the Contest constitutes agreement to these Rules. You may not submit an entry to the Contest and are not eligible to receive the prizes described in these Rules unless you agree to these Rules. These Rules form a binding legal agreement between you and Google with respect to the Contest.
2. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter the Contest, you must be a legal resident of and physically located in the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and at least eighteen years of age or older at the time of entry. Contest is void in Puerto Rico, U.S. territories and possessions, outside of the U.S., and where prohibited by law. Employees, interns, contractors, and official office-holders of Google, and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, and agents (“Contest Entities”), and members of the Contest Entities’ and their immediate families (parents, siblings, children, spouses, and life partners of each, regardless of where they live) and members of the households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are ineligible to receive the top prize of the Contest but can qualify for other prizes. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility and to adjudicate on any dispute at any time.
If you are entering as part of a company or on behalf of your employer, these rules are binding on you, individually, and/or your employer. If you are acting within the scope of your employment, as an employee, contractor, or agent of another party, you warrant that such party has full knowledge of your actions and has consented thereto, including your potential receipt of a prize. You further warrant that your actions do not violate your employer’s or company’s policies and procedures.
3. SPONSOR: The Contest is sponsored by Google North America Inc. (“Google” or “Sponsor”), a Delaware corporation with principal place of business at 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA, 94043, USA.
4. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins at 12:00:00 A.M. Pacific Time (PT) Zone in the United States on July 15 and ends at 11:59:59 P.M. PT on September 25 (“Contest Period”).
5. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. To enter the Contest, Project Fi users visit the Contest website located at g.co/fi/racetohq (“Contest Site”) during the Contest Period and follow the instructions for participating in the Contest by submitting Project Fi referrals that meet the qualifications below. Your first name, Google+ public profile and photo, and number of referrals will be available to the general public via the Contest leaderboard.
Entries are void if they are obtained through fraud or late. All entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the Project Fi account used at the time of entry, and the potential winner may be required to show proof of being the Project Fi authorized account holder. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person holding their Project Fi account.
6. REFERRAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS. Referrals must meet the following criteria in order for the referrer to be eligible for prizes:
(a) Referred user must be activated by September 25, 2017 to qualify as a successful referral; and (b) Referred user must remain active for at least 30 days.
You understand and agree that the Contest referrals are also subject to the Project Fi Referral Program Terms, except that for the duration of the Contest, there is a limit of 100 total referral credits per user.
7. WINNERS: On or about November 7, 2017, winners will be chosen based on their number of successful referrals (i.e., activated for at least 30 days on the Fi service). In the event of a tie, the top three referrers will be determined based on the least number of referred users who have deactivated service, and if there is still a tie, by the time by which the last referred user activated Project Fi service.
On or about November 7, 2017, the potential winner(s) will be selected and notified by telephone and/or email, at Sponsor’s discretion. If a potential winner does not respond to the notification attempt within 3 business days from the first notification attempt, then such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected from among all eligible entries received based on the criteria described herein. With respect to notification by telephone, such notification will be deemed given when the potential winner engages in a live conversation with Sponsor or when a message is left on the potential winner’s voicemail service or answering machine by the Sponsor, whichever occurs first. Except where prohibited by law, each potential winner may be required to sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release and provide any additional information that may be required by Sponsor. If required, potential winners must return all such required documents within ten business days following attempted notification or such potential winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize and another potential winner will be selected based on the criteria described herein. All notification requirements, as well as other requirements within these Rules, will be strictly enforced.
8. PRIZES: The Contest includes the following prizes:
(a) All contestants who make at least 2 qualifying referrals will receive a $20 Google Play credit ($20 MSRP); (b) All contestants who make at least 5 qualifying referrals will receive a Project Fi Weekender Bag ($70-120 MSRP); and (c) Grand Prizes: The top three referrers will win a trip to Google Headquarters in Mountain View, California. Visiting dates will be determined by Google at a later date. Estimated retail value for each grand prize is $5,000.
Grand Prizes will include one round-trip airfare (coach) for the winner to travel from the major airport closest to the individual’s residence to San Francisco International Airport; (2) double-occupancy hotel accommodation for one night in Mountain View, California; (3) transportation to and from the airport; (4) transportation to and from Google Headquarters. Hotel accommodations at Sponsor's discretion. Certain blackout dates apply. You are responsible for any other expenses and any other incidental travel cost not expressly stated above, including but not limited to, additional ground transportation, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses. Prize is not redeemable for cash. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) may be adjusted depending on the state or jurisdiction of residence of the winner.
The prizes will be awarded within approximately twelve months of receipt by Sponsor of final prize acceptance documents. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for prizes is allowed, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value if a prize cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, as described for any reason. Value is subject to market conditions, which can fluctuate and any difference between actual market value and ARV will not be awarded. The prize(s) may be subject to restrictions and/or licenses and may require additional hardware, software, service, or maintenance to use. The winner shall bear all responsibility for use of the prize(s) in compliance with any conditions imposed by such manufacturer(s), and any additional costs associated with its use, service, or maintenance. Contest Entities have not made and Contest Entities are not responsible in any manner for any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to the prize(s), regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the prize(s), including, without limitation, its quality, mechanical condition, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose, with the exception of any standard manufacturer's warranty that may apply to the prize or any components thereto.
9. TAXES: PAYMENTS TO POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO THE EXPRESS REQUIREMENT THAT THEY SUBMIT TO GOOGLE ALL DOCUMENTATION REQUESTED BY GOOGLE TO PERMIT IT TO COMPLY WITH ALL APPLICABLE STATE, FEDERAL AND LOCAL TAX REPORTING AND WITHHOLDING REQUIREMENTS. ALL PRIZES WILL BE NET OF ANY TAXES GOOGLE IS REQUIRED BY LAW TO WITHHOLD. ALL TAXES IMPOSED ON PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNERS. In order to receive a prize, potential winners must submit the tax documentation requested by Google or otherwise required by applicable law, to Google or the relevant tax authority, all as determined by applicable law, including, where relevant, the law of the potential winner’s country of residence. Winners are responsible for ensuring that they comply with all the applicable tax laws and filing requirements. If a potential winner fails to provide such documentation or comply with such laws, the prize may be forfeited and Google may, in its sole discretion, select an alternative potential winner.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS: All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Google reserves the right to disqualify any entrant from the Contest if, in Google’s sole discretion, it reasonably believes that the entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other entrants or Google.
12. PUBLICITY: By accepting a prize, entrant agrees to Sponsor and its agencies use of his or her name and/or likeness and Essay for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.
13. WARRANTY, INDEMNITY AND RELEASE: To the maximum extent permitted by law, each entrant indemnifies and agrees to keep indemnified Contest Entities at all times from and against any liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses resulting from any act, default or omission of the entrant and/or a breach of any warranty set forth herein. To the maximum extent permitted by law, each entrant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Entities from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys fees) arising out of or accruing from (a) any violation of applicable laws or regulations by the entrant; (b) any misrepresentation made by the entrant in connection with the Contest; (c) any non-compliance by the entrant with these Rules; (d) claims brought by persons or entities other than the parties to these Rules arising from or related to the entrant’s involvement with the Contest; and (e) acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Contest-related activity or participation in this Contest.
Entrant releases Google from any liability associated with: (a) any malfunction or other problem with the Contest Site; (b) any error in the collection, processing, or retention of entry information; or (c) any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize or winners.
14. ELIMINATION: Any false information provided within the context of the Contest by any entrant concerning identity, mailing address, telephone number, email address, ownership of right or non-compliance with these Rules or the like may result in the immediate elimination of the entrant from the Contest.
15. RIGHT TO CANCEL, MODIFY OR DISQUALIFY: If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, Google reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Google further reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the submission process or any other part of the Contest or Contest Site. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site, including the Contest Site, or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Google reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the applicable law.
16. NOT AN OFFER OR CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT: Under no circumstances shall the submission of a Referraly into the Contest, the awarding of a prize, or anything in these Rules be construed as an offer or contract of employment with either Google or the Contest Entities. You acknowledge that you have submitted your Essay voluntarily and not in confidence or in trust. You acknowledge that no confidential, fiduciary, agency or other relationship or implied-in-fact contract now exists between you and Google or the Contest Entities and that no such relationship is established by your submission of a Referral under these Rules.
17. FORUM AND RECOURSE TO JUDICIAL PROCEDURES: These Rules shall be governed by, subject to, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, United States of America, excluding all conflict of law rules. If any provision(s) of these Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, seek injunctive relief or make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Contest are hereby excluded, and all entrants expressly waive any and all such rights.
18. ARBITRATION: By entering the Contest, you agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute, claim, or demand related in any way to the Contest will be decided by binding arbitration. All disputes between you and Google of whatsoever kind or nature arising out of these Rules, shall be submitted to Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. (“JAMS”) for binding arbitration under its rules then in effect in the San Jose, California, USA area, before one arbitrator to be mutually agreed upon by both parties. The parties agree to share equally in the arbitration costs incurred.
19. WINNER’S LIST: You may request a list of winners after November 15, 2017, but before May 15, 2018, by sending a self addressed stamped envelope to:
Project Fi Google America Inc. 1600 Amphitheater Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043 USA
(Residents of Vermont need not supply postage)